Friday, May 29, 2009

Slow Progress









Progress on the truck has slowed the last few weeks. Some time was spent removing parts or trying to remove parts from the parts trucks. I also brought two more trucks back. These are in pretty good condition. One is a 1949 F2 and the other is a 1949 F5. The F2 actually runs and can be driven. It does not have good brakes and cannot be driven on public roads. It is almost rust free. The F5 has not been started yet but with a little effort it might also run. Its odometer only shows about 11000 miles. These two trucks will probably be sold. I did some work on the brakes of my truck trying to get the brake fluid to stop leaking from the back of the master cylinder. I have it slowed down but not completely stopped. I am also working toward getting it running before I get too much of the body parts put together in case I need to take something apart. About all I have to do is get the ignition hooked up and the fuel line installed and I could give it a try. Hopefully I'll make some progress this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment