Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Body Work


Work on the truck has been slow the last couple of weeks. I spent most of last week picking up the two parts trucks and removing some of he usable parts. I had considered replacing my cab with one of the parts cabs but upon further examination I noticed that the two parts trucks had rusted through above the windshield and had rotted out the inner panel and in one case the bottom portion of the dash. I decided to keep my original cab and deal with the rusted areas. The one truck had a V8 engine with parts that I could use to convert my drive belts to 5/8 rather than the 3/8. I removed the fan and pulley assembly and tried to get the crankshaft pulley off but it would not budge. It would bend but not move so I gave up on it and ordered a new one. I will try again next week to get some more of the parts I need. I continued to work on the floor pans of my truck. I finished replacing the severely rusted panels and repairing the mount for the seat. I was able to remove most of the dents in the cab except those which have access issues because of inner panels. I will try to pull these out rather than pound them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment