Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cab on Frame


Today was the day that the cab went back onto the frame. I have had it tipped back on its back while I worked on the frame. I hooked a come-a-long to the back of the frame and the other end to a strap which was wrapped around the firewall through the windshield opening. I left some slack in the cable and pulled the cab forward with a rope until it tipped. At this point I could slowly lower it into place with the come-a-long. It went fine until it came time to lower it over the steering shaft. It would not cooperate and the shaft kept getting hung behind the dash. I fought this for a while and then gave in and took the steering sector off. I should have done this in the first place and saved a lot of time. Once I got it down on the frame all I had to do was line up the mounting holes in the front and hook up the cab mount arms. The arms were a little tricky and required using a couple of hydraulic jacks but in the end everything fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment