Wednesday, April 29, 2009

New Parts




With the knowledge that I will need more body parts in order to finish my truck I have been on the lookout for parts on Ebay and the newspapers. A friend of mine drives all over the states of North Dakota and Minnesota and has been on the lookout for '48, '49 and '50 Ford pickups. He spotted one last week and I went to check on it. It was in fair condition but it didn't have a engine which didn't matter because I was interested in body parts. The owner also restores and rebuilds trucks but realized he would never find the time to work on this truck. He decided he could part with it even though it belonged to his dad. He also had two more Ford trucks, one being a F2. He said he would sell them also and I said I would look at the second F1. It was in a ditch full of water but didn't look to bad so I took it considering he was almost giving it away. So I ended up with two parts trucks instead of one. They are about 200 miles away and so it looks like I'll be hauling trucks for a couple of weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment