Sunday, November 13, 2011

More Bodywork Coming







Last weekend I found the time before it gets too cold around here to have the garage door open to put a coat of epoxy primer on the rear section of the truck. It worked better this time because I thinned the paint with 10% acetone. It made all the difference in the world. No orange peel effect this time. I did put it all back together again and drilled a few more holes in the fenders so I could attach the running boards. I would rather make sure everything fits now before I put the final finish on the body to reduce the chance for damaged paint. I took it for another drive around the neighborhood and again it was real winding without the front glass. Some of the neighbors think it is pretty cool. Anyway now the fun begins again. This round of bodywork should go pretty good because there is not much to do on the back end.

1 comment:

  1. Jay, I am looking forward to the next update! Keep the narratives coming!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete