Wednesday, December 23, 2009

FIRST DRIVE


Two days before Christmas 2009 and I drive the '48 Ford for the first time. It was not very far, just to the end of the driveway, turn around and drive back into the garage forward instead of backward. If it wasn't the middle of winter I might have driven around the block. At least now I know that it goes in forward and reverse, the brakes work and the engine runs well. I swapped out the linkage that I had originally which was from a six cylinder and put in linkage from a V8. I also secured the choke cable so I can operated everything from in the cab. The engine runs smooth and can be idled way down and it still runs well. I still have the leak from the side of the block but I think it is slowing down. I may have to add another dose of K-Seal. I also have a little oil leak around the oil sending unit but that is only a temporary installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment