Monday, August 13, 2012

ITS BLUE


I finally have reached the point of getting the truck painted.  I got as far as I could go with the body work and primer and decided to let someone who knows paint to do the final finish work.  I got a lead on a independent body man who doesn't live too far from where I live.  I contacted him and he was able to work my truck into his schedule.  He does a lot of odd jobs around the area and out of the area.  I saw some of his work and it was pretty good.  I got he truck to him right after July 4 weekend.  He had it painted within a couple of weeks and it still needed to be wet sanded and buffed.  He has told me that it may be ready by the end of this week which is August 17.  After much consideration and experimenting I decided on Blue Flame Metallic which is the color of the new Ford pickups.  I have seen the truck after it was painted and the color is nice and my body work doesn't look too bad.  Waiting now for the final finish so I can start the final assembly and all the other misc stuff.  I have yet to decide on wheels.  I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment