Monday, December 6, 2010

Body Work Continues


I have been filling the various dents and dings with body filler over the last few weeks. It is slow going. Some of the areas are pretty rough and it takes a lot of time to get the profiles close to what they should be. There is a lot of eye ball work and the best gauge is by feel with the hand. The drivers front fender was the worst area. The corner was pretty beat and it took a lot of filler to get it to look right. The front of the hood was another tricky spot trying to get the lines to look ok. I have removed the epoxy paint in the areas where I need to apply filler. The guy at the paint store said to paint it before the filler goes on but anything I have read says to take it down to bare metal before applying filler so that is what I did. Maybe there is something about epoxy paint I don't understand. Time will tell. I have the truck assembled so I can match up the panels better. I will need to take it apart again in order to finish and paint the hidden areas. I am now working on the right front fender and the doors and top. Next will be the back of the cab and the upper and lower grill valance and the lower front fenders. I is only December so maybe by sprint it will be getting close. I haven't done anything with the box or rear fenders yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment